Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Finally!

Well, Tiger finally arrived yesterday at about 3pm. I've installed it on 3 computers and so far the only glitch is that my PowerBook crashed during the first restart after the install. One power-cycle later and all appears to be well.

So far I like it quite a bit. But, I haven't really used it on my main machine (the PowerBook) yet, so I'm not sure how or even if it's going to change my work habits.

One thing I did find is that Automator is quite useful. I was able to duplicate most of the functionality of a CMI that I wrote with a single Automator action. Not good for the old shareware revenue stream, but very cool nonetheless.

So, today will be spent importing mail and waiting for Spotlight to index the half-Terabyte of data that I've got hooked to my system. Which means it's back to Home Depot for more sod and a final push to complete the front yard project.

More on Tiger tomorrow!

Diz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home