Friday, April 29, 2005

Waiting...

Well, today's the big day for Mac users such as myself.... It's the official release day for Mac OS X version 10.4, also known as "Tiger".

Unfortunately, Amazon doesn't seem to have shipped my copy yet, so here I sit, trying to decide what to do next.

Should I:

* Hop in the shower and risk missing the UPS man and then begin the hellish UPS-missed-package tango?
* Do some actual work and just wait for the damn thing.
* Forget the whole thing and just go to Atlanta and buy a new computer (which will come with Tiger)? I really DO need a new computer... my original 12" PowerBook, while still serving me well, is beginning to show signs of advanced age.

Hmmm, when you compare and contrast this dilema with that of ancient man, things certainly have improved haven't they? Here, the worst thing that can happen is that I miss the delivery of a tiny box (or have to wait until Monday for that tiny box), whereas an ancient man would have a decision tree that looked something like this....

Uh, oh. Tiger is outside cave.... Should me:

* Run from cave and hope Tiger not eat me?
* Hide in cave and hope Tiger not come in and eat me?
* Hope that not bear me just steppe....

Yep, quite the improvement.

Diz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home