Saturday, April 30, 2005

Damazon!

Well, no Tiger for me... or for a lot of other Amazon customers.

Apparently, late Thursday night, the status of dozens (if not hundreds) of Tiger orders placed with Amazon went from "To be shipped" to "Being prepared for shipment"... and stayed there all day Friday.

Actually, the Amazon order information system spent all of Friday in a state between useless and somewhat-less-than-useless. At any give time, the system was either completely unavailable or it persisted in telling me that I'd have Tiger that same day, even though it hadn't shipped yet. (This same tale was retold in may Slashdot posts.)

Now that Saturday is here, the system tells me that my order actually shipped out Friday morning at 8am, which means I'll have it Monday. Late Monday.

To be fair, this is the first real problem I've had with Amazon. Usually, things arrive much more quickly than Amazon's estimated delivery date. It's cruelly ironic that this order, which actually IS something important for my business, should be hosed while the 2nd season of "Coupling" arrives a week early.

So, now, I have to decide if I can actually wait till Monday, or if I should head to Atlanta and pick up a copy today. (I actually need an extra license. The Family pack I ordered from Amazon won't cover all the Macs we need to upgrade. And we need to get one for my wife's grandfather too.)

But, I probably won't go yet. I've got a new storefront to build for my biggest client (demo on Tuesday!), and I'd probably just end up buying yet another Macintosh. (Which, as mentioned earlier, I could really use.)

Ah, Life is good.

Diz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home